Sunday, October 13, 2019

The "War on Christmas"

Well, here we go. It's not even Hallowe'en yet, but we're skipping right over that one, and Thanksgiving, and Hanukkah, to jump ahead to the season of ... Whining about the "War on Christmas."

Lissen here, friends, if you personally have decided to be one of those "people [who] don't talk about ['that beautiful Christmas season'] any more" that is fine by me. I won't be among you, but I won't judge you.

BUT ... If you have stopped "[using] the word 'Christmas' because it's not politically correct," and for no other reason, then you give me a call. We need to have a talk about how you can stand up for yourself without walking on someone else. It IS possible to celebrate Christmas in all its magic and wonder and beauty, and to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, without apology ... and without trampling all over the rights of another person who wants to celebrate Christmas in their own way, or not at all, or in addition to another holiday.

Let me help you figure out how it's done. I know it's possible, because I do it. There is no War on Christmas! Don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise.

No comments: